Learning Space Full Day drop off for virtual school starts August 24th
The perfect option for working parents who want a great place for their kids to complete online learning! $250 weekly / $55 daily
Maximum 20 students per week
10 : 1 teacher assistant /student ratio
Music and Visual Arts Enrichment during breaks
4,000 sq ft facility with lots of privacy for students
drop off time 830am-4pm , before and after care available
Fall 2020 Learning Space Overview
CSCA has been programming educational camps for nearly 20 years at schools such as Cary Academy, FCM Montessori and Hopewell Academy as well as our studios in Cary and Clayton. With families facing uncertain educational opportunities for their children this Fall, CSCA will be using those many years of experience to offer students a place to complete their virtual learning.
Our 4,000 square foot studio space on Main Street will give kids a creative and safe environment to work on their online education and interact with other students, while also providing Music and Visual Arts enrichment time using our studio’s resources. Students will have access to the Main Street Garden for break time or just as a place to relax.
Policies and procedures are fluid at the moment as we determine how to best suit the needs of working families and families looking for the best options for their children, so please note that our guidelines may change to accommodate your needs. Our guidelines our as follows:
1, We anticipate running daily and weekly learning pod opportunities for rising 2nd graders and older, with a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 20 students daily. This will allow a level of social interaction, while offering plenty of private space for students. We plan to have a maximum 10:1 student to instructor ratio. Music and Visual Arts enrichment will be offered during break times including access to digital keyboard, piano, guitar, drum, voice, violin and music composition instruction. For students who love art, they will have access to our Visual Arts programs and materials as well.
2. CSCA is providing a creative space for students to learn, with our instructors overseeing day to day activities. Students will provide their own curriculum and technology needs such as laptop/tablets/chromebooks.
3. Anticipated tuition will be $250 weekly, or $55 daily drop in, for usual school day times from 830am-400pm. There will be an additional $7 per half hour fee for early/late drop off or pick up for hours outside of 830am-4pm, which can be scheduled as needed with our team.
4. This program will be ideal for students who can generally work independently, with guidance and assistance as needed from our instructors. As we anticipate students working on a number of different platforms and varied curriculum, students will be responsible for knowing their own schedules for online programming and knowing what their assignments are. We ask that parents and students along with our team, make daily and weekly goals to ensure that students are keeping pace with their individual programs. Communication will be key as we strive to help working families make sure that their expectations for students are met on a daily basis.
5. In order for everyone to succeed and enjoy their daily classes, students will be expected to meet the same behavioral guidelines, and show the same respect towards each other, as they would in a normal school setting. Since there will be an additional level of independence required from students to work on their individual assignments, we will ask for parental support and communication to make sure everyone is achieving to the best of their ability.
6. We will follow Johnston County School Calendar for Holidays and weather related closings.
7. Refrigerator and Microwave are available for student use.
8. Parents will be asked to do temperature checks before dropping students off and keep children at home if they are not feeling well or have been exposed to any contagious illness.
9. As with all of programs, we want to make learning fun and to be something students look forward to. We look forward to your input and suggestions to make this opportunity something that we all benefit from.
Please address your questions to us by email at tom@CSOCA.com or by calling or text at (919) 279.3581